- 2 lg. chopped onions
- 3 lg. chopped red bell peppers
- 3 lg. chopped green bell peppers
- 2 or 3 T. oil
- 12 oz. pkg. oyster mushrooms, cleaned and chopped
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 3 fresh bay leaves
- 10 fresh chopped basil leaves
- 1 T. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 28 oz. can Italian plum tomatoes, crushed or chopped
- Saute onions and peppers in oil in skillet until soft.
- Stir in mushrooms and garlic. Saute just until mushrooms begin to turn brown.
- Transfer into slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients to crock pot and stir well.
- Cover. Cook on Low 6-8 hours.
Note: Good on pita bread as an appetizer or seved over pasta or rice for a main dish!