- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 1/4 c. cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. hot water
- 1 gallon milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
I have made Slow Cooker Hot Cocoa for several years. Love it around Halloween when all my friends come over for “Trick or Treat”!
- In large saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa and salt.
- Add hot water slowly, mixing well.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils.
- Boil and stir 2 minutes.
- Add milk; heat to serving temperature, stirring occasionally. DO NOT BOIL.
- Remove from heat; add vanilla, cinnamon, and whip with a whisk.
Serve hot, with whipped cream or marshmallows if desired.
NOTE: This recipe can be doubled and kept in slow cooker for easier serving to large groups.