- 1 c. unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 c. evaporated milk (substitute light evaproated mild)
- 4 c. dry French bread with crust, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 lg. eggs
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. sweetened coconut flakes, firmly packed
- 1/2 c. golden raisins
For those of you that love coconut, this recipe is a must have!!
1. In a lightly greased crock pot, combine the coconut milk, milk, evaporated milk and French Bread pieces.
2. Stir thoroughly to mix.
3. In a small mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla extract.
4. Add the egg mixture to the bread and milk mixture in the stoneware of the crock pot.
5. Stir in the coconut flakes and raisins.
6. Cover. Cook on High for 3 hours.
7. Serve warm or chilled.
8. Garnish with additionacoconut flakes, if desired.
Optional: 1/3 cup of chopped pecans, cooked with all ingredients for the 3 hours.
Crock Pot Girl