- 1 c. unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 c. evaporated milk (substitute light evaproated mild)
- 4 c. dry French bread with crust, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 lg. eggs
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. sweetened coconut flakes, firmly packed
- 1/2 c. golden raisins
For those of you that love coconut, Slow Cooker Coconut Bread Pudding is a must have!!
- In a lightly greased slow cooker, combine the coconut milk, milk, evaporated milk and French Bread pieces.
- Stir thoroughly to mix.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla extract.
- Add the egg mixture to the bread and milk mixture in the crock of the slow cooker.
- Stir in the coconut flakes and raisins.
- Cover. Cook on High for 3 hours.
Serve warm or chilled.
Garnish with additionacoconut flakes, if desired.
Optional: 1/3 cup of chopped pecans, cooked with all ingredients for the 3 hours.