- 1 1/2 lb. fresh or frozen, thawed halibut steaks
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. fresh lime juice
- 2 med. ripe, tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp. lemon zest, grated
- 2 T. fresh basil, chopped
- 2 T. fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 1 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 T. capers, drained
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- cooking spray
This zesty Slow Cooker Halibut with Tomato Lime Tapenade lends a fresh complement to the white halibut steaks.
- Lightly coat the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Season the halibut with the salt and pepper, and place in the stoneware of the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, tomatoes, lemon zest, basil, parsley, olive oil, capers and garlic.
- Pour the sauce over the halibut.
- Cover. Cook on Low 2-3 hours.
Optional: Spoon the tapenade over the steaks before serving, if desired.