- 2 - 14 oz. packages caramel candies
- 1/4 c. water
- 8 apples (any kind - I like granny smith or gala)
This is a favorite of the kids and we always make these prior to Halloween or any fall gatherings with friends. Everyone loves Slow Cooker Caramel Apples!
- Place caramels and water in a slow cooker.
- Cover & Crock on High for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring frequently.
- Wash and dry apples.
- Remove stems from apple and insert stick into stem end. (You can find the sticks HERE or a local craft store.)
- Turn slow cooker to Low.
- Dip apple into hot caramel and turn to coat entire surface.
- Holding apple above pot, scrape off excess accumulation of caramel from bottom apple.(Note: If you want to add toppings like crushed nuts or chocolate chips, do so now. We like them plain!)
- Place on greased wax paper to cool.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get the GetCrocked eBook.