Cooking Time:4-6 hours
Ingredients1 lb Smoked Sausage
4 Medium Potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/2 Medium Red Onion, sliced
2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Green Beans, drained
3 c. Chicken Broth
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
salt, to taste
Slow Cooker Smoked Sausage, Green Beans and Potatoes is one of the most popular recipes on this website! This recipe is super easy and it’s an entire meal all in itself – a meat, starch and vegetable. If I’m feeling in the mood I will even throw mushrooms in this recipe to add a little extra flavor. It’s delicious with or without them. Enjoy!
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT smoked sausage, and place in a 6-Quart slow cooker.
- Add chicken broth to barely cover ingredients.
- Cover. Cook over LOW for 4 hours on LOW or until potatoes are almost done.
- Cut the smoked sausage into 2-inch pieces and add to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 1 hour.
- Mix before serving, and serve with a slotted spoon so the excess liquid can drain away.
Note: If you like some snap in your green beans, use fresh instead of canned and add them to the crock with sausage (1 hour before done crocking)! This is the way my family asks me to make it!