- 1 lb kielbasa or 1 lb smoked sausage
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans green beans, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- salt, to taste
Slow Cooker Smoked Sausage, Green Beans and Potatoes is one of the most popular recipes on this website! This recipe is super easy and it’s an entire meal all in itself – a meat, starch and vegetable. If I’m feeling in the mood I will even throw mushrooms in this recipe to add a little extra flavor. It’s delicious with or without them. Enjoy!
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT smoked sausage, and place in slow cooker.
- Add water to barely cover ingredients. (Can also use Chicken Broth in place of water for more flavor!)
- Cover. Cook over Low for 4-6 hours or until potatoes are done.
- One hour before ready to serve cut the smoked sausage into bit sized piece and add to top Do Not Stir.
- Mix before serving, and serve with a slotted spoon so the water can drain away, or drain the whole batch.
Note: If you like some snap in your green beans, use fresh instead of canned and add them to the crock with sausage (1 hour before done crocking)! This is the way my family asks me to make it!