- 1/2 small yellow onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 oz. Gruyere cheese, grated (1 cup)
- 8 oz. extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated (2 cups)
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. caraway seeds
- 12 oz. beer
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
This is a delicious recipe that will people coming back for more! I often get requests for this when going to a football party or office potluck. It’s super-easy so I hope you get to enjoy it as much as I do!
- Use a 2-quart slow cooker and place the onion, garlic, and cheeses inside.
- Stir in the cornstarch and dry mustard.
- Crush the caraway seeds (you can crush them in a plastic baggie with a small mallet) and add them to the pot.
- Pour in the beer.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 2 – 4 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper before serving, adding more to taste if necessary.
- Great served with baguettes, bread cubes, soft pretzels or crackers!