- 2 shallots, peeled and finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 oz. Gruyere cheese, grated (1 cup)
- 8 oz. extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated (2 cups)
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 12 oz. beer
- Salt & Pepper to taste
This is a delicious recipe that will have people coming back for more! I often get requests for this when going to a football party or office potluck. It’s super-easy so I hope you get to enjoy it as much as I do!
- Combine the shallots, garlic, cheeses, cornstarch, nutmeg, and dry mustard inside a 3 quart or smaller slow cooker.
- Pour in the beer.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 2 – 4 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper before serving, adding more to taste if necessary.
- Great served with bagel chips, freshly baked bread or soft pretzels.