- 1/2 T. olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 c. baby carrots, cut into bite size pieces
- 12 baby white potatoes, quartered
- 2 cans or 3 c. cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 4 c. vegetable broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 c. white grape juice (or white wine)
- 1/4 c. tamari
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 5 oz. fresh spinach
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat, adding onion.
- Cover. Cook for 5 minutes to soften.
- Transfer onions to slow cooker. Add everything else EXCEPT spinach.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours.
- About 10 minutes before serving, bring pot of water to boil. Add spinach and cook until soft. Drain and chop. Add to slow cooker.
- Optional: Salt and pepper to taste.
NOTE: You may also blend part or all the the soup for a creamier texture.