- 12 oz. Medium Salsa
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, finely diced
- 1 Medium Red Pepper, sliced then cut in half
- 1 Medium Green Pepper, sliced then cut in half
- 1 Medium Yellow Pepper, sliced then cut in half
- 8-10 oz. Canned or Frozen Yellow Corn
- 15 1/2 oz. Can Mexican Style Hominy, rinsed and drained
- 14 oz. Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 T. tequila
- For Serving:
- 3 c. hot cooked long-grain white or brown rice
- 1/2 c. crushed tortilla Chips
- 1 medium-large ripe mango (10 to 14-oz.) peeled and sliced off the pit
- 1/3 c. chopped cilantro
- 1/4 c. chopped green onion (white and tender green)
- 3/4 c. sour cream
After moving to Arizona, I fell even more in love with all of the delicious flavors of the Southwest. This Slow Cooker Southwestern Sausage and Hominy Stew is a favorite!
- Combine salsa, bell peppers, onion, corn, chili powder, hominy, sliced sausage and tequila in a 6-Quart slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 5 to 7 hours.
To serve, divide rice among 4 bowls; top each serving of rice with stew, crushed chips, mango slices (some may prefer for their mango to be diced), cilantro, green onions and a big dollop of sour cream.