- 1 1/2 c. prepared salsa, medium or hot (I recommend hot)
- 1 c. coarsely chopped red bell pepper (1-inch pieces)
- 1 c. coarsely Chopped yellow pepper (1-inch pieces)
- 10 oz. bag frozen corn, thawed
- 15 1/2 oz. can white or golden hominy, rinsed and drained
- 12-oz. package smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 2 T. tequila
- For Serving:
- 3 c. hot cooked long-grain white or brown rice
- 1/2 c. crushed tortilla Chips
- 1 medium-large ripe mango (10 to 14-oz.) peeled and sliced off the pit
- 1/3 c. chopped cilantro
- 1/4 c. chopped green onion (white and tender green)
- 3/4 c. sour cream
- Combine salsa, bell peppers, corn, chili powder, hominy, sliced sausage and tequila in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 5 to 7 hours.
To serve, divide rice among 4 bowls; top each serving of rice with stew, crushed chips, mango slices (some may prefer for their mango to be diced), cilantro, green onions and a big dollop of sour cream.