- 5 bratwurst links, uncooked (1-1/4 pounds) , cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 potatoes, medium, peeled and cubed
- 27 oz. sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 apple, tart, medium, chopped
- 1 onion, small, chopped
- 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt, optional
- 1/4 tsp. pepper, optional
We continue to look for great summer time recipes, and here is one that was shared by Debbie C-R. Thanks Debbie for adding yet another recipe that is popular for many this time of the year.
1. In a large skillet, brown brats on all sides.
2. In a 5-qt. crock pot, combine the remaining ingredients.
3. Stir in brats and pan drippings.
4. Cover. Cook on High for 4-6 hours or until potatoes and apple are tender.
Provided by Debbie C-R., via facebook.com/crockpotgirl