- 8 eggs
- 1/2 c. plain yogurt
- 1/3 c. sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 c. 2% milk
- 1/3 c. maple syrup
- 1 loaf (1 lb.) French bread, cubed
- 1 1/2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
- 12 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- BLUEBERRY SYRUP:
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 1 c. cold water
- 3/4 c. fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed, divided
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1 T. butter
This great recipe is good for Breakfast, Brunch or an evening meal! Love, Love Blueberries, and Slow Cooker Blueberry French Toast is GREAT!
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, yogurt, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Gradually whisk in milk and maple syrup until blended.
- Place half of the bread in a greased 5 or 6 quart slow cooker; layer with half of the blueberries, cream cheese and egg mixture. Repeat layers.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 3 – 4 hours or until a knife inserted in French toast comes out clean.
- For syrup, in a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water until smooth. Add 1/4 cup blueberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until the berries pop, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the lemon juice, butter and remaining berries.
Serve warm to pour over French toast!