- 2 lbs. ground beef, lean
- 2 onions, yellow, large, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 c. water
- 2 - 15 oz. tomato sauce, canned
- 2 - 14.5 oz. tomatoes, diced, canned
- 3 T. soy sauce
- 2 T. dried Italian herb seasoning
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 T. seasoned salt, or to taste
- 2 c. uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2-3 chopped green onions
Slow Cooker Goulash is a comfort food that I can’t help to associate with the Fall time of the year!
- Preheat slow cooker to High.
- In a large Dutch oven, cook and stir the ground beef over medium-high heat, breaking the meat up as it cooks, until the meat is no longer pink and has started to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Skim off excess fat, and stir in the onions and garlic. Continue to cook and stir the meat mixture until the onions are translucent, about 10 more minutes.
- Transfer the ground beef-onion mixture into the preheated slow cooker.
- Stir in water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, soy sauce, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, seasoned salt, and macaroni until thoroughly combined.
- Cover. Cook on High for 1 hour.
Optional: Top with green onions for garnish!