- 1lb. Ground Beef
- 1/2 Onion - diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper - diced
- 3 small Tomatoes - chopped
- 1 Package Taco Seasoning
- 1 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 - 1/2lb. shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Flour Tortillas - cut in quarters to fit each layer in crock..Last tortilla is trimmed to "Cap" last layer
- Sour Cream for Garnish
If you love this recipe then click LIKE to vote for it in the CROCKSTAR of the YEAR contest!
Crockstar of the Year Recipe Name: Crock Pot Layered Enchilada Casserole
Category: Main Dish
Submitted by: Gay S. of Ojai, CA
- In skillet, brown meat, onions and peppers.
- Add tomatoes and Taco Seasoning, stir to combine.
- Add 3/4 cup Tomato Sauce – turn heat off and stir.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup tomato sauce to bottom of crock.
- *Layer Tortilla pieces to cover completely.
- Layer Cheese to cover, layer meat mixture to cover – Pat down and repeat from * till crock is full – ending with the Tortilla “Cap” and then the last of the cheese and meat.
- Cover and Cook on Low for 4 hours.
For a complete meal, serve with Mexican Rice and/or Refried Beans