- 3-4 lb. beef chuck roast
- 1 packet Italian dressing mix
- 1 packet brown gravy mix
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 T. dried chopped onions
- 2 c. water
A good Slow Cooker EASY Pot Roast is always a favorite at most anyones home, but I promise this one will remind you of your Grandma’s Sunday Dinners!
- Take a paper towel and dry off the meat, season with salt and pepper, and brown the meat in about 1 T. of vegetable oil.
- Brown both sides of the meat!
- Place the roast in the bottom of the slow cooker!
- Combine all the packets of seasonings and the onion with the water, and mix.
- Pour seasoning mixture over the roast.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6-7 hours.
- During the last 3-4 hours, if your desire, you can add vegetables, such as diced potatoes, carrots or veggies of your choice!
Optional: If you like your gravy thicker, once the roast is done, pour the drippings from the crock into a saucepan and turn on the heat. In a separate bowl, add 1/2 c. water, and approximately 2 T. cornstarch, and stir until smooth. Slowly add the water and cornstarch to saucepan, and as it heats and starts to boil it will start to thicken.