- 4 Anjou Pears, peeled
- 2 c. water
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 11 1/2 oz. pear nectar (1 can)
- 1 c. tequila
- 1 lime, juice and grated peel
- vanilla ice cream, optional
This is an easy and decadent desert that you will enjoy serving to family and guests!
- In a 4 quart slow cooker, place your pears.
- Combine water, sugar, nectar, tequila, lime juice and lime peel in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- After boiling for 1 minute, pour over pears. (Sugar, juice and alcohol helps the fruit to maintain its shape and will become very flavorful.)
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4-6 hours, or on High for 2-3 hours, or until the pears are tender. (Reminder each slow cooker crocks differently.)
SERVE warm with drizzled poaching syrup and a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired! YUM!