- 4 lbs. red kidney beans, package
- 4 lbs. beef, ground
- 3 T. shortening
- 2 c. onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 T. chili powder
- 3 bouillon cubes, beef, crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp. pepper, cayenne
- 4 cans beef stock (14.5 oz. size)
- 56 oz. tomatoes, canned (2 large cans)
- 8 oz. tomato, paste
This recipe for Slow Cooker Chili Con Carne is GREAT FOR A CROWD and a meaty alternative for someone who doesn’t care for traditional chili. It’s still packed with flavor yet replaces the chili seasoning with a meaty/beefy flavor. This is my favorite version – simple and delicious. I often use leftovers to make a beef & cheese dip after a few days. Enjoy!
- Soak Red Kidney Beans over night, rinse and clean.
- Heat shortening in skillet and brown ground beef, discard fat.
- Place a slow cooker liner in a large slow cooker, or two smaller ones if you don’t have a large one slow cooker.
- Combine all the ingredients in the liner, stirring well.
- Cover & Crock on LOW 8-10 hours or HIGH 4-5 hours.
Optional: This recipe can be halved very easily for a smaller crowd! Enjoy!