- 1 lbs. dried red kidney beans (about 2 cups, dried)
- 4 lbs. ground beef
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 5 T. chili powder
- 3 bouillon cubes, beef, crushed
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 - 26 oz. cartons of beef stock
- 56 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 6 oz. tomato paste
This recipe for Slow Cooker Chili Con Carne is GREAT FOR A CROWD and a meaty alternative for someone who doesn’t care for traditional chili. It’s still packed with flavor yet replaces the chili seasoning with a meaty/beefy flavor. This is my favorite version – simple and delicious. I often use leftovers to make a beef & cheese dip after a few days. Enjoy!
- Soak Red Kidney Beans over night, rinse and clean.
- Heat skillet and brown ground beef, discard fat.
- Place a slow cooker liner in a large slow cooker.
- Combine all the ingredients in the liner, stirring well.
- Cover & Crock on LOW 8 hours.
Optional: This recipe can be halved very easily for a smaller crowd! Enjoy!