- 1 lb. sausage, Italian, ground, or links, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 or 2 onions, large, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T. oregano, dried
- 1 T. basil, dried
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 6 oz. tomato paste, canned
- 28 oz. tomatoes, fire-roasted, canned
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 c. chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add during the last 30 minutes:
- 10 oz. pasta, curly or (fusilli pasta - gluten free)
- Ricotta and mozzarella cheeses for topping
Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup has all the cheesy flavor of Lasagna, without all the fuss and layering!
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT pasta and cheeses in a 6-7 quart slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8-9 hours or on High for 4-6.
- During the last 30 minutes of crocking, add in uncooked pasta.
Optional: When serving, spoon soup into oven-proof bowls, with a dollop of ricotta cheese, and sprinkle with mozzarella. Place under a preheat broiler for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is hot and melted. (I like my cheese a little brown!)