- 1 lb. steak, round (cut in 2" pieces., lean)
- 6 c. water
- 28 oz. tomatoes, canned -- cut up, un-drained
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 onions, medium, chopped
- 2 T. dried parsley
- 2 celery, stalks
- 1/2 - 3/4 tsp. salt, (optional)
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 carrot, medium, chopped small
- 1 zucchini, medium, thinly sliced
- 16 oz. beans, garbanzo, canned, rinsed & drained
- 1 c. kale
- 1 c. cabbage
- 1 c. elbow macaroni, or small shells
- 1/4 c. cheese, Parmesan, grated (optional)
Slow Cooker Minestrone is a delicious soup, and tastes even better the next day! This recipe was a favorite of my mother-in-law’s when she did Weight Watchers. (3 Points Plus value for 1 1/2 cup serving.)
- Combine beef, water, tomatoes, bouillon, onion, parsley, celery, thyme, salt if desired and pepper and place in the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 7-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Add zucchini, beans, kale, cabbage, and macaroni; cook on high, covered for 30-45 minutes more, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle individual servings with Parmesan cheese… if desired!