- 1lb. ground beef, browned
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 c. water
- 32oz. chicken broth
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 28 oz. diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1T. Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
Slow Cooker Fall Harvest Chowder is as delicious as it sounds. The family will be wanting you to make this all the time.
- Place onions, carrots, potatoes and celery in the bottom of a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Top with remaining ingredients.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
If desired, thicken chowder by combining 1 T. corn starch with 1/4 c. water. Stir into slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes with lid off.
SERVING: Delicious served in a bread bowl, garnished with fresh grated Parmesan cheese and/or fresh grated parsley.
OPTIONAL: Use any veggie of your choice!