- 1/2 lb. ground beef or ground turkey, browned and drained
- 1/2 c. onion, chopped (alternative - 1/4 c. dried minced onion)
- 4 c. water
- 1 c. carrots, diced
- 1 c. celery, diced
- 1 c. potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 28 oz. tomatoes, diced
- 8 oz. tomato puree
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
Slow Cooker Fall Harvest Chowder is as delicious as it sounds. The family will be wanting you to make this all the time.
- Brown and drain ground meat (beef or turkey)
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in 4 1/2 - 6 quart slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours or on High for 3-4 hours.
NOTE: For a thicker chowder cook on Low for 8-10 hours.
SERVING: Delicious served in a bread bowl, garnished with fresh grated Parmesan cheese and/or fresh grated parsley.
OPTIONAL: Use any veggie of your choice!