- 1 cabbage, small head
- 1/3 c. baby carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 green onions
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. of your favorite seasoning blend
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 c. vegetable broth
- 4 c. water
Several years ago I was one of many people who went on a diet called the Cabbage Soup Diet. While I wasn’t so successful (one can only eat so much of one thing!) I did actually come up with a good recipe for Slow Cooker Cabbage Soup, and had to share. While I don’t recommend the Cabbage Soup Diet, I do recommend this recipe – definitely yummy & healthy!
- Chop up all the vegetables into bite size chunks and place in the slow cooker.
- Cover the vegetables with the broth and water.
- Add the remaining ingredients, including seasonings of your choice.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8-10 hours.