- 8 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 c. filtered water
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 T. maple sugar
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Pin ItTry this Fall-inspired Applesauce as a dessert alternative! Kids and adults alike will love the rich apple flavors!
- Peel, core, and quarter apples. Place in bottom of slow cooker.
- Add lemon juice, water, cinnamon, nutmeg, maple sugar and pure vanilla extract.
- Stir ingredients slightly, just enough to mix.
- Cover. Crock on Low for 2 hours; then raise temperature to HIGH for 1.5 hours.
- Stir, lightly mashing any apple chunks, serve and enjoy!