- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1/2 c. cream cheese
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 slices bacon, cooked, chopped, divided
- 1/2 bunch green onions, sliced
Delicious Slow Cooker Twice Baked Potato Casserole is a great recipe for home or for family gatherings and potlucks. You’ll want to hang on to this one – it’s sure to be a family favorite! Yummy!
- Place potatoes in slow cooker, and cover with salted water.
- Cover. Cook on High for 3-4 hours or until tender, then drain well.
- Mash potatoes in the slow cooker with a potato masher until almost smooth.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, butter, milk, salt and pepper. Continue mashing until smooth.
- Stir in 1 c. of the cheese and half the bacon.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 2 hours, or on High for 1 hour.
- Stir potatoes in slow cooker and smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Top with remaining cheese, bacon and green onions.
- Place the potatoes in the stoneware (the inner part of the slow cooker) in a pre-heated oven for 3-5 minutes to melt cheese and brown top. (Note: If you don’t have access to an oven, you can keep in the slow cooker instead. The cheese will melt but will not brown.)
- Return the stoneware to the slow cooker and keep on the Warm setting while serving.
Note: Omitting bacon could make this a delicious vegetarian recipe!
Edited on 11/15/14 to make this recipe even easier. You can make and serve this entire recipe in your slow cooker as noted above OR if you prefer, in step 7 you can put the cooked potatoes in a casserole dish, then top with ingredients in step 8 and brown in the oven.