- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1/2 c. cream cheese
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 slices bacon, cooked, chopped, divided
- 1/2 bunch green onions, sliced
Delicious Slow Cooker Twice Baked Potato Casserole is a great recipe for home or for family gatherings and potlucks. You’ll want to hang on to this one – it’s sure to be a family favorite! Yummy!
- Place potatoes in slow cooker, and cover with salted water.
- Cover. Cook on High for 3-4 hours or until tender, then drain well.
- Transfer potatoes to a mixing bowl, and mash with a potato masher until almost smooth.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, butter, milk, salt and pepper. Continue mashing until smooth.
- Stir in 1 c. of the cheese and half the bacon.
- Return mixture into the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 2 hours, or on High for 1 hour.
- Spread evenly into a baking dish.
- Use a spatula or fork to make an irregular surface.
- Top with remaining cheese, bacon and green onions.
- Place under broiler for 10-15 minutes to melt cheese and brown top. (Note: If you don’t have access to an oven, you can return to the slow cooker instead. The cheese will melt but will not brown.)
Note: Omitting bacon could make this a delicious vegetarian recipe!