- 2 c. onion, chopped, large
- 1/2 c. olives, kalamata, pitted
- 1/2 c. tomatoes, julienne-cut drained oil-packed sun-dried halves
- 2 T. lemon juice, fresh
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Greek seasoning mix
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper, black, freshly ground
- 4 lb. turkey breast, boneless, trimmed
- 1/2 c. chicken broth, fat-free, lower-sodium, divided
- 3 T. flour, all-purpose
- Thyme sprigs (optional)
There are truly so many different recipes for turkey, but this Slow Cooker Roasted Turkey is among one of the best. ENJOY!
- Combine onions, olives, tomatoes, lemon juice, garlic, seasoning mix, salt and pepper and turkey breast.
- Place in a slow cooker.
- Pour 1/4 c. of the chicken broth over the Turkey and seasonings.
- Cover. Crock on Low for 6-7 hours.
- Combine remaining broth with the flour in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until smooth.
- Pour the broth and flour mixture over the turkey in the slow cooker.
- Cover. Crock for an additional Low for 30 minutes.
- Slice turkey and serve.
Optional: Can always use the same recipe with chicken.
NOTE: Using a meat thermometer is always a good idea when making a turkey, also if you like to brown your turkey up, place in the oven under the broiler for a few minutes.