- 4-5 lb. bone-in short ribs
- 2 T. coconut oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2-3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 6 oz. can of tomato paste
- 2 c. of any hearty red wine
- 2.5 cups of beef broth
- 1 T. of oregano
- 1 T. rosemary
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in chunks.
Slow Cooker Paleo Braised Short Ribs are restaurant-quality short ribs made affordable at home! Pair with our Slow Cooker Mashed Cauliflower. YUM!
- Pre-heat heavy-bottomed skillet over medium high heat and melt coconut oil. Liberally salt and pepper all sides of meat. Next, when pan is hot, sear all sides of short ribs. Place browned beef in crock.
- Next, add the wine and beef stock to the skillet to de-glaze pan, scraping up any bits on the bottom of pan. Add tomato paste and stir 2-3 minutes; then, add this mixture to the crock. Add seasonings and all vegetables.
- Cover and crock on LOW 8 hours.