- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 1 c. chopped celery
- 1/8 c. chopped fresh parsley
- 6 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 6 c. dried bread cubes (use fresh bread that was dried night before)
- 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp. dried sage
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 1/2 c. chicken broth, or as needed
- 1 egg, beaten
This dish is ideal if you need to make room in the oven or on the counter come Thanksgiving Day. This traditional Slow Cooker Thanksgiving Stuffing can be a great dish to put together the evening before the big day.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook onion, celery, mushroom, and parsley in butter, stirring frequently. Cook until onion is translucent.
- Spoon cooked vegetables over bread cubes in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle in poultry seasoning, sage, thyme, salt and pepper. Pour in enough broth to moisten, and mix in beaten egg. Transfer mixture to crock.
- Cover and crock on LOW 4 hours.