- 2 c. bread cubes—brioche bread works best
- 4 bananas, peeled and sliced (the riper the better!)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 c. heavy cream or half & half
- 4 T butter, melted
- 1 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/4 c. spiced rum
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 c. chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 c. shredded coconut (optional)
Normally a dessert reserved for a special night out, this Slow Cooker Bananas Foster Bread Pudding will melt you from the inside out.
- Grease inside of slow cooker with oil or use a slow cooker liner. Layer bread cubes on bottom of crock.
- Next, layer sliced bananas on top of bread.
- Combine eggs, cream, butter, brown sugar, rum, vanilla and cinnamon in a small bowl; pour over bananas and bread.
- Cover and crock on LOW for 1.5 hours. Sprinkle top of dessert with nuts and coconut and crock an additional 30 minutes. (note: I’ve left the coconut out before at my daughter’s request and it was still delish!)
Serve with vanilla bean gelato or ice cream and top with additional nuts and bananas (optional)