- 2 c. bread cubes—brioche bread works best
- 4 bananas, peeled and sliced (the riper the better!)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 c. heavy cream or half & half
- 4 T butter, melted
- 1 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/8 to 1/4 c. spiced rum (depending on how much rum you would like)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 c. chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 c. shredded coconut (optional)
Normally a dessert reserved for a special night out, this Slow Cooker Bananas Foster Bread Pudding will melt you from the inside out.
- Grease inside of slow cooker with oil or use a slow cooker liner. Layer bread cubes on bottom of crock.
- Next, layer sliced bananas on top of bread.
- Combine eggs, cream, butter, brown sugar, rum, vanilla and cinnamon in a small bowl; pour over bananas and bread.
- Cover and crock on LOW for 1.5 hours.
- Twist the crock inside the cooker half way around, after about 1 hour.
- Sprinkle top of dessert with nuts and coconut and crock an additional 30 minutes. (note: I’ve left the coconut out before at my daughter’s request and it was still delish!)
TIP: Twisting the crock inside the cooker half way through the crocking time will help your dessert from burning on one side, as most slow cookers crock hotter on one side than the other.
Serve with vanilla bean gelato, whipped cream or ice cream and top with additional nuts and bananas (optional)