- 4 Yukon gold potatoes, sliced
- 4 c. Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 c. Sharp Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 c. Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 4 oz. Diced Green Chiles
- 1 c. Corn
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup Half & Half
- 1/4 c. Sharp Shredded Cheddar Cheese, for garnish
The traditional winter comfort staple gets a Latin update in this delicious Slow Cooker Southwestern Potato Soup.
- Place the potatoes in a 6-Quart Slow Cooker and sprinkle with smoked paprika. add 1 cup of the chicken stock into the slow cooker.
- Cover and crock on HIGH for 2 hours, or until the potatoes are just tender.
- Transfer 2/3 of potatoes to a food processor or blender, along with the cooking liquid. Add the garlic. Blend or process until smooth.
- Return the potato purée to the slow cooker and stir in the shredded cheese, corn, the remaining 2-3 cups stock, heavy cream or Half-n-Half, green chiles, cumin, and cilantro.
- Cover and crock on LOW 1 hour longer, or until the soup is heated.
- You can add additional chicken stock or broth if the soup is too thick, or mash the remaining potato chunks if you’d like it thicker.
- If desired, garnish with additional cilantro, sour cream, and shredded cheddar when serving.
NOTE: For a vegetarian option, replace the chicken stock with vegetable stock.