- 1 - 1/2 c. sugar, divided
- 1 tsp. of lemon juice
- 6 large eggs
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk, canned
- 3-1/4 c. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Slow Cooker “Mexican Custard” (Flan) is one a delicious dessert you can serve with your favorite Mexican meal or anytime! It’s smooth and velvety texture is just delicious.
- Warm a pan over medium heat, and pour in 1 cup of sugar.
- Constantly stir sugar until it browns and becomes caramelized.
- Once desired color is reached, pour lemon juice over the sugar to stop it from browning.
- Quickly pour caramel into ramekins that will fit in your slow cooker. (tilt to swirl the caramel around the sides.)
- Whisk eggs in a bowl.
- Add in the milk, then slowly mix in the 1/2 c. sugar, and the vanilla. (Blend well after each ingredient is added.)
- Pour custard into the ramekins (over top caramel) that you placed in the Slow Cooker.
- Cover. Cook on High for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Check with a knife just to the side of the center. If knife comes out clean, the flan is ready.
- Remove and let cool for a few minutes then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Using a knife, cut around the edges of each ramekin and turn upside down on a plate (to remove custard.)
- Spoon any additional caramel sauce from ramekin over the custard and serve.