- 1 - 1/2 c. sugar, divided
- 1 tsp. of lemon juice
- 6 large eggs
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk, canned
- 3-1/4 c. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Slow Cooker “Mexican Custard” Flan is one of the delicious desserts that you can serve with not only a mexican meal but anytime, as it is so GOOD!
- Warm a pan over medium heat, and pour in 1 cup of the sugar.
- Constantly stir sugar until is browns and becomes caramelized, if you have 1 tsp. of lemon juice pour it over the sugar to stop it from browning.
- Quickly pour caramel in a large baking dish or Ramekins that fit in your slow cooker, tilting it to swirl the caramel around the sides.
- In a mixer or with a whisk, blend the eggs together.
- Mix in the milk, then slowly mix in the 1/2 c. sugar, and the vanilla.
- Blend smooth after each ingredient is added.
- Pour custard into the baking dish or Ramekins that you place in the Slow Cooker.
- Cover. Cook on High for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Check with a knife just to the side of the center. If knife comes out clean, it’s ready.
- Remove and let cool.
- Refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Scoop into serving dishes, and ladle the caramel sauce over the custard.