- 1 T. butter
- 6-8 sweet potatoes peeled and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1/2 c. orange or pineapple juice
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
- 1/2 - 1 c. mini marshmallows
I can guarantee you that your vegetable-frowning children will gobble up Slow Cooker Candied Yams. Sweet and savory all in one dish. Can you say yum?!
- Grease a 4-6 qt. crock with butter. Slice sweet potatoes, and layer inside crock.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange or pineapple juice, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar, and salt. Pour the sauce over the potatoes evenly.
- Cover, and crock on LOW 6-7 hours, or HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- When potatoes reach desired tenderness, remove from crock and place in casserole dish. Top with marshmallows, and broil in oven for just a few minutes until marshmallows have browned.