- 8 Sweet Potatoes, washed, peeled and sliced
- 2 T. Salted Butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 c. Orange or Pineapple juice
- 1 tsp. Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie spice
- 1/2 c. Brown Sugar
- 1/2 c. mini marshmallows
I can guarantee you that your vegetable-frowning children will gobble up Slow Cooker Candied Yams. Sweet and savory all in one dish. Can you say yum?!
- Grease a 4-5 qt. slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Slice sweet potatoes, and layer inside slow cooker with butter pieces scattered between layers.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange or pineapple juice, maple syrup, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and brown sugar.
- Pour the sugar sauce over the potatoes in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6-7 hours or until potatoes reach desired tenderness.
- Top with marshmallows.
- If your slow cooker insert is oven-proof, remove stoneware and place in oven for a few minutes to melt/toast marshmallow topping. (You can also move potatoes to a casserole dish and set under the broiler to brown.)