- 3 cups prepared stuffing
- 1/2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 lb. cooked turkey (about 4 cups)
- Add any leftover vegetables too!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
Happy Holidays! Yes, it’s that time of year when we tend to over-indulge. If you are like my family, we always make way too much food and have tons of leftovers. I’m not complaining at all – they are just as good the next day! A few years back we started getting creative and ran across a recipe for Thanksgiving Casserole – the yummiest, tastiest thing to make with all those leftovers. Sometimes we have additional ingredients to throw in like green beans, peas and corn! I hope you enjoy it as much as my family. What are your holiday traditions?
- Grease a 4-5 Quart Slow Cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place prepared stuffing in the crock.
- Next, layer cranberry sauce followed by turkey.
- Optional: Add any leftover vegetables you would like to add
- In a separate bowl, mix mayonnaise and cheese.
- Spread half of the mayonnaise mixture over top of the turkey.
- Spread mashed potatoes on top of the mayo mixture.
- Evenly spread the remaining mayo mixture on top of potatoes and then sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- If desired, place a paper towel over top of the crock before placing lid on top. (to absorb any moisture and prevent soggy bread crumbs.)
- Cover and Crock on HIGH for 2-3 hours or until heated through.
- Optional Step: Broil for 5 minutes in oven to brown the top of the casserole.
NOTE: For best results, your slow cooker should be about 1/2-2/3 full when cooking. If it’s less than that you will need to reduce Crocking time.