- 3-4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2-20 oz. cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2-20 oz. cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 c. ketchup
- 2 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 oz. tomato paste
- 12 oz. Guinness Stout beer
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
- 2 T. Honey
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. Hot Sauce, optional
Make sure to invite friends and family over before consuming these hearty Slow Cooker Guinness Baked Beans, because this one feeds a crowd! Great paired with a simple sandwich or BBQ meal!
- After cooking the bacon, drain on paper towels, let cool, crumble, and set aside.
- Keep bacon grease in pan and use this to saute onions, about 5 minutes.
- Remove onions from pan into crock; then add the drained and rinsed beans, ketchup, Worcestershire, tomato paste, Guinness, brown sugar, mustard, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
- Add hot sauce, if desired.
- Cover and crock on LOW 6-8 hours.