- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 onion, minced
- 2-20 oz. cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2-20 oz. cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 c. ketchup
- 2 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 T. tomato paste
- 12 oz. Guinness (beer)
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 T. Honey
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. Hot Sauce, optional
Make sure to invite friends and family over before consuming these hearty Slow Cooker Guinness Baked Beans, because this one feeds a crowd! Great paired with a simple sandwich or BBQ meal!
- Cook bacon in a heavy skillet. Sed aside on paper towels to drain. (don’t wash the skillet just yet!)
- Add onions to the skillet with bacon grease and cook over LOW heat to sweat onions. This will help flavor the onions. Do NOT brown them – the onions should be almost translucent when finished cooking.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove onions from grease and place in a 5-Quart slow cooker.
- Top with the drained and rinsed beans, ketchup, Worcestershire, tomato paste, Guinness, brown sugar, mustard, smoked paprika, honey, crumbled bacon, salt and pepper.
- Add hot sauce, if desired.
- Cover and crock on LOW 5-6 hours.