- 26 oz. cut green beans, frozen (family size bag)
- 1 Sweet Onion (like Vidalia), chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Fresh Red Bell Pepper, seeded & diced
- 4 oz. Can, Sliced Mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 16 oz. container Alfredo sauce
- 1 c. Shredded Swiss Cheese
- 1 1/2 c. French fried onions, divided
Green bean Casserole is a favorite vegetable side dish during the holidays. You will love this Slow Cooker Green Bean & Alfredo Casserole – it’s a twist on the classic and so yummy. We never go without the canned mushrooms – something that gives this a little added flavor and texture. My family especially loves the topping of crisp French fried onions from the skillet!
- In a 4-6 quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients EXCEPT the swiss cheese and 3/4 c. of the French fried onions.
- Cover. Cook on High for 3 hours.
- Remove lid and stir in 1 c. shredded swiss cheese.
- Replace lid and cook one additional hour.
- Just before serving, heat remaining French fried onions in a toaster oven to get them nice and crisp.
- Serve casserole topped with the toasted hot onions.