- 28 oz. cut green beans, frozen
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 16 oz. container Alfredo cheese sauce
- 2.5 oz. French fried onions, canned
Green bean Casserole is a favorite vegetable side dish during the holidays. You will love this Slow Cooker Green Bean & Alfredo Casserole – it’s a twist on the classic and so yummy. My family especially loves the topping of crisp French fried onions from the skillet!
- In a 4-6 quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients EXCEPT half of the french fried onions.
- Cover. Cook on High for 3-4 hours, stirring after 1 hour.
- Just before serving, heat remaining French fried onions in a small skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir casserole and sprinkle with crisp hot onions.