- 1/3 c. apple cider vinegar
- 3 T. lime juice
- 3 - 4 chipotle chiles in adobo
- 4 tsp. minced garlic cloves
- 4 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 4 - 5 lb. chuck roast
- 3/4 c. chicken broth
- 3 bay leaves
Do you love Chipotle Mexican Grill like I do? This recipe for Slow Cooker Chipotle’s Barbacoa (CopyCat) tastes like the real deal. (plus you’ll have leftovers for days!) This is great on hard or soft tortillas and as with most Mexican food, pairs well with fresh Guacamole! Enjoy!
- Adobo Sauce recipe: Combine vinegar, lime juice, chipotles, garlic, cumin, oregano, black pepper, salt and cloves in a food processor or blender on High speed until smooth.
- Trim most of the fat from the roast and cut into large chunks (approximately 6).
- heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear all sides of the roast until browned.
- Transfer browned roast into slow cooker and pour adobo sauce over top.
- Add in the chicken broth and bay leaves.
- Cover. Cook for 6 hours on High or 8 hours on Low.
- Once crocking is complete, shred the roast with two forks while in the slow cooker and then turn to warm setting. Serve on hard or soft tortilla shells with your favorite toppings.
Serving Suggestions: Tortillas, rice, black or pinto beans, cheese, pico de gallo, guacamole, and sour cream.