- 1/2 c. flour
- 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/3 c. whole milk, divided
- 1 T. oil
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 c. chopped almonds
- 1/4 c. Nutella
- 1 c. salted pretzels, roughly chopped
- 1/4 c. cocoa powder
- 1/2 c. white sugar
When you hear the words “ooey-gooey” in my home, it’s always a good thing! Like this recipe for Slow Cooker Nutella Lava Cake. But don’t worry, I gave you a little almond and pretzel crunch to go along with the ooey-gooey! Enjoy!
- Combine flour, powdered sugar, baking powder, only 1/3 c. milk, oil, vanilla and 1/4 c. almonds in a mixing bowl.
- Stir ingredients until smooth, then add Nutella.
- Add this batter to a greased crock (or use and grease a slow cooker liner.)
- Next, crush pretzels and sprinkle over batter.
- Mix sugar and cocoa powder in small bowl
- Sprinkle sugar/cocoa mix evenly over the batter and pretzels in crock.
- Pour remaining 1 cup of milk in a saucepan over medium heat; allow to just begin to boil, then pour milk over the batter in crock. (Do not stir the mixture in the crock!)
- Cover and Crock on HIGH for 1.5-3 hours. (It depends how hot your crock gets so keep an eye on it the first time you make it and keep the lid ON.)
- Serve lava cake in individual bowls and top with additional chocolate sauce, whipped cream or ice cream, extra nuts, or toasted coconut