- 1 tsp. Ground Fennel
- 1 Bulb Fennel, finely chopped
- 1 c. Arborio Rice, uncooked
- 1 Bunch, Asparagus Spears, chopped
- 2 T. Finely Chopped Shallots
- 2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 2 c. Chicken Stock
- 1 c. Water, divided
- 1/3 c. White Wine
- 1/2 c. Parmesan Cheese
- 1 T. Lemon Zest
- 1 c. Sliced Mushrooms (optional)
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
This recipe is easy and flavorful, and a great alternative to regular rice or potatoes. Impress your family and/or friends with this recipe for Slow Cooker Asparagus & Fennel Risotto.
- Crease crock with olive oil. Combine fennel, fennel seeds, rice, asparagus, mushrooms, shallot, and garlic; add to 5 Quart Slow Cooker.
- Add chicken broth, water, and wine to crock; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW 2-3 hours, or until the rice is tender, but remains a bit sticky and creamy.
- Next, stir Parmesan, lemon zest and salt & pepper into the risotto.
- Add a little extra hot water to risotto if you desire a creamier dish.
OPTIONAL: I sometimes add Mushrooms to this dish, as I love the blend of all the flavors! YUM!