- 3 c. (about 1 1/2 pounds) split peas
- 4 c. low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 4 c. water
- 2 c. yellow onion, diced
- 1 c. carrot, diced
- 1/2 c. celery, diced
- 1 potato, cut into small pieces
- 8 oz. ham, trimmed of fat and diced
- 1 T. ginger, minced
- 1 tsp. dried marjoram
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
There is nothing quite like a comfort classic on a chilly Winter day! This recipe for Slow Cooker Split Pea with Ham soup is a crowd pleaser and can be doubled easily for extra leftovers.
- Wash split peas under cold running water and wash until water runs clear. Drain completely and add to crock.
- Add broth, water, onion, carrot, celery, ham, ginger, marjoram, and potatoes to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and crock on LOW 7-8 hours, or HIGH 5 hours. Season with pepper.