- 3 lb. pork, loin roast, boneless, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 8 oz. peppers, green chile, diced ( 2 - 4 oz. cans)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 c. chipotle sauce
- 3 1/4 c. water, divided
- 1 1/2 c. rice, long grain white, uncooked
- 1/4 c. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Pork can be used with Burrito’s, Enchilada’s, Taco’s, Salad and more! So Good!
- In a 5-6 quart slow cooker, season pork with salt and place in the bottom of the crock.
- Top roast with chile peppers and garlic.
- Next top with the chipotle sauce and 1/2 cup water.
- Cover. Cook for 7 hours on Low.
- On the stove, bring remaining 2 3/4 cups water and rice to a boil. Stir in the lime juice and cilantro.
- Turn heat to Low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove roast and shred with two forks, transferring back to the slow cooker, mixing well, letting it sit for 15 minutes to absorb the liquid.
Serve over the cooked rice.