- 2 T. butter or margarin
- 1 c. mushrooms, fresh, sliced
- 2 T. green onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 14 oz. chicken broth
- 1/4 c. tomato paste
- 1 lb. shrimp, frozen, shelled and deveined
- 3 T. flour, all purpose
- 1/2 c. light cream
- 1/2 c. dry white wine, (I like Chablis)
- 1 T. parsley, fresh, chopped
Slow Cooker Creamy Shrimp Bisque is a delicious to serve before your main meal or as your main meal with a nice salad. Wonderful!
- In a large skillet, melt the butter or margarin, and add the mushrooms, green onion and garlic until translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add the broth and tomato paste just to warm through a little.
- In a separate cup, stir together the flour and cream until well blended and smooth.
- Stir into broth mixture.
- Transfer to a 3 1/2 – 4 quart slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 3 – 4 hours.
- If your bisque is thin, add cornstarch or flour to cold water and make sure all the lumps are out to thicken up the bisque.
- About 30 minutes before your bisque is done, add the wine and shrimp, and stir into the bisque.
- Cover, and continue to crock for the last 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle parsley on bisque in serving bowls.