- (1) package HamBeens® Cajun 15 BEAN SOUP
- (1) Green bell pepper, diced
- (1) Yellow onion, diced
- (1) cup diced celery
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 lb. Andouille smoked sausage, sliced into 1/4″ rounds
- 1 can stewed or diced tomatoes (we prefer Red Gold!)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups water
My friends at Hurst Beans shared this delicious recipe for Slow Cooker Cajun 15 BEAN SOUP® – it’s one of their most requested recipes! This recipe uses Andouille for a little added kick, but you can substitute any kind of smoked sausage if you prefer a little less heat. You know I love that this recipe is also a ONE POT MEAL – easy to Crock and easy clean up!
- Rinse and sort through the beans, check for any unwanted debris and discard.
- Add rinsed beans, onion, pepper, celery, garlic, chicken stock, water, and Hurst’s Cajun seasoning packet into a 4-6 quart slow cooker. (NO TOMATOES or SAUSAGE YET.)
- Stir to combine everything.
- Cover & Crock on HIGH for 5 hours.
- After 5 hours, check beans for doneness. If tender, add sausage and tomatoes.
- Cook for at least an additional 30-45 minutes, keep warm until ready to serve.**
- Serve with long grain rice or some fresh baked corn bread… enjoy!
**(This can stay warming in the slow cooker for several hours, it will continue to develop the flavors and thicken up as the beans begin to break down.)