- 1 T. ground black pepper
- 1 T. paprika
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. celery salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. mustard powder
- 4 lbs. rump roast
- 1/2 c. water or beef broth
For those of you looking for a recipe that is Very Low in saturated fat, No cholesterol, Low in sodium and
no sugar this is a great recipe. All the calories come from the roast!
- Combine and mix well black pepper, paprika, chili powder, celery salt, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and mustard powder in a bowl to make a rub for the meat..
- Rub the surface of the meat with the combined spices from above.
- Transfer roast to your slow cooker, and add 1/2 cup water or broth.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours.
NOTE: Use a meat thermometer to make sure your roast is done!
SERVE: Serve rump roast sliced thick on a platter or sliced thin for sandwiches. Skim off the fat from the broth in the slow cooker; strain; and serve with the roast as Au Jus!
Optional: Add potatoes and carrots for your vegetables at the beginning!