Cooking Time:4-5 Hours on LOW
Ingredients1 Small Red Onion, chopped
3 c. Fresh Baby Spinach
1 T. Minced Garlic
2 c. Shredded Carrots
8 oz. Mushrooms, chopped
14.5 oz. Diced Tomatoes, drained
1 T. Italian Seasoning
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
15 oz. Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
2 T. Dried Parsley
1/2 tsp. Freshly Ground Pepper
9 Lasagna Noodles
3 c. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 c. Whole Milk
2 c. Alfredo Sauce
One of my favorite foods is lasagna! This is my go-to recipe for lasagna in the summer. It’s not as heavy as the traditional dish PLUS it’s a great way to use up some summer veggies. Sub any vegetables you’d like in this delicious dish!
- Place onions in a skillet over Medium heat and sauté with the garlic.
- Add Spinach and cover pan with lid. Stir once or twice then recover with lid.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and thinly slice.
- In a separate bowl, combine zucchini, carrots, tomatoes, and chopped mushrooms.
- Stir in sautéed spinach, onion and garlic.
- Sprinkle Italian Seasoning over veggies and stir well. Set vegetables aside.
- Whisk together Alfredo sauce with milk in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg, garlic powder, pepper and parsley.
- Grease a 6-Quart Slow Cooker with non-stick spray.
- Make 3 layers with ingredients in this order: 1/2 c. alfredo sauce, 3 noodles (break to fit), 1/3 of the ricotta mixture, 1/3 of veggie mixture, and 1 c. of mozzarella.
- After the 3rd layer, pour the rest of the alfredo sauce on top of lasagna.
- Cover and Cook on LOW for 4-5 Hours.
Serve warm with fresh bread and a green salad.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
This looks tasty but calling it lighter than traditional lasagne is a pretty big stretch – it’s a fat and calorie bomb!
I am wondering if anyone has tried shrimp or crab meat in this recipie? I love shrimp alfredo, and since the sauce used is alfredo I was just wondering if this receipe could me adapted to a seafood lasagna?.?.
Hi LeAnn! I love it when others make recipes their own. Please make it and send us pictures and feedback on how it turned out. I am sure it will be great! Happy Crocking!
Do you use oven ready lasagna noodles or regular?