- 1 Small Red Onion, chopped
- 3 c. Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 T. Minced Garlic
- 2 c. Shredded Carrots
- 1 Zucchini
- 8 oz. Mushrooms, chopped
- 14.5 oz. Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 T. Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Egg
- 15 oz. Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 2 T. Dried Parsley
- 1/2 tsp. Freshly Ground Pepper
- 9 Lasagna Noodles
- 3 c. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 c. Whole Milk
- 2 c. Alfredo Sauce
One of my favorite foods is lasagna! This is my go-to recipe for lasagna in the summer. It’s not as heavy as the traditional dish PLUS it’s a great way to use up some summer veggies. Sub any vegetables you’d like in this delicious dish!
- Place onions in a skillet over Medium heat and sauté with the garlic.
- Add Spinach and cover pan with lid. Stir once or twice then recover with lid.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and thinly slice.
- In a separate bowl, combine zucchini, carrots, tomatoes, and chopped mushrooms.
- Stir in sautéed spinach, onion and garlic.
- Sprinkle Italian Seasoning over veggies and stir well. Set vegetables aside.
- Whisk together Alfredo sauce with milk in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg, garlic powder, pepper and parsley.
- Grease a 6-Quart Slow Cooker with non-stick spray.
- Make 3 layers with ingredients in this order: 1/2 c. alfredo sauce, 3 noodles (break to fit), 1/3 of the ricotta mixture, 1/3 of veggie mixture, and 1 c. of mozzarella.
- After the 3rd layer, pour the rest of the alfredo sauce on top of lasagna.
- Cover and Cook on LOW for 4-5 Hours.
Serve warm with fresh bread and a green salad.