- 1 lb. Ground Turkey Breast
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- 2 Stalks Celery, chopped
- 2 Carrots, chopped
- 1 Can, Black Beans (do NOT drain)
- 14 oz. Diced Tomatoes
- 1.5 c. Beef Broth
- 6 oz. Tomato Paste
- 4 oz. Diced Green Chilies
- 1.5 T. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 T. Minced Garlic
- 1 Bay Leaf
Need a healthy and delicious meal that makes dinner a cinch? Try this Slow Cooker Black Bean Turkey Chili. It’s mild enough that the kiddos will eat it and tasty enough to please even the pickiest adult. If you feel like an additional twist, add frozen corn or diced sweet potatoes. Yummy!
- Place Onion, Carrot and Celery in the bottom of a 6-Quart Slow Cooker.
- Next, Add raw ground turkey, in chunks.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and Cook on LOW for 8 hours, stirring and breaking up meat after 4 hours.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
NOTE: To make this a FREEZER Meal, simply place all ingredients EXCEPT Beef Broth in a large plastic bag, seal well and freeze until ready to use! Dump ingredients in the slow cooker, add broth, and cook on LOW for 8-9 Hours.