- 2 tsp. seasoning
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- 1 large roasting chicken
- 1 c. chopped onions
- 5 small red potatoes
- olive oil
- additional salt & pepper
Love this recipe for Slow Cooker Roasted Chicken (whole chicken) as I can make it either use for a recipe, or even freeze it along with the broth for another day.
- Combine the spices in a small bowl.
- Remove any giblets from chicken and discard or freeze for later use.
- Rub spice mixture onto the chicken.
- Wash and pat dry potatoes.
- Rub potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Wrap potatoes in foil and place in the bottom of a 6-Quart or larger slow cooker.
- Next, add onion to the slow cooker. Season onion with sat & pepper.
- Add chicken.
- Cover. Cook on low for 4 hours, checking doneness after 4 hours and cook longer if needed.
Note: I recommend using a pop-up timer in the chicken to avoid overcooking.
Optional: Depending on how I’m serving this bird, I sometimes place under the broiler to brown it up!