- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- 1 large roasting chicken
- 1 c. chopped onions
Love this recipe for Slow Cooker Roasted Chicken (whole chicken) as I can make it either use for a recipe, or even freeze it along with the broth for another day.
- Combine the spices in a small bowl.
- Remove any giblets from chicken and rinse the chicken.
- Rub spice mixture onto the chicken.
- Place in resealable plastic bag and refrigerate overnight. (I sometimes skip this step if I’m really in a hurry).
- When ready to cook, put chopped onion in bottom of slow cooker.
- Add chicken. No liquid is needed, the chicken will make it’s own juices.
- Cover. Cook on low for 4-8 hours, checking doneness after 4 hours.
Note: I recommend using a pop-up timer in the chicken to avoid overcooking.
Optional: Depending on how I’m serving this bird, I sometimes place under the broiler to brown it up!