- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 rib celery, sliced
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 med. carrot, diced
- 1 celery, stalk
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 - 8 oz. cans of tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 14 oz. can stewed tomatoes, chopped, including liquid
- 2 tsp. fresh oregano, minced
- 1 tsp. italian parsley, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 8 oz. dry spaghetti, broken into thirds
Slow Cooker Italian Beef Spaghetti is best if served with Parmesan cheese and a basket full of bread or garlic bread! Yum!
- In a medium skillet, saute the onion, garlic, green pepper and celery.
- Add the beef and brown.
- Drain any grease and transfer the beef and vegetables into the slow cooker.
- Add the carrots, celery, mushrooms, tomato sauce, water, stewed tomatoes with the liquid, oregano, parsley, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Cover. Cook on Low 6-8 hours or on High 3-5 hours.
- One hour before serviing, turn the crock pot to High and stir in the dry spaghetti.
- Cover. Cook until the noodles are tender to your liking.