- 3 cups of brown gravy
- 1 lb. sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 lbs. frozen meatballs, thawed
- 1 c. sour cream, (8 ounces)
- 12 oz. egg noodles, medium, cooked and drained
I like to make my own meatballs, and freeze them ahead of time for this recipe! Saves on very little prep time! Holidays are always a good time of the year to serve Meatballs!
- Place mushrooms, gravy, onions, Worcestershire sauce, allspice and nutmeg in a 6-Quart slow cooker. Stir well.
- Add meatballs and mix to incorporate well into the sauce.
- Cover and Cook on Low for 6 hours.
- Temper the sour cream: Place 1 cup of sour cream in a small bowl. Add 3 T. of the hot gravy from the slow cooker and stir well. Repeat with 3 more T. of gravy. Transfer sour cream mixture into slow cooker and stir just until combined.
- Serve meatballs over egg noodles or with a side of Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes.
Note: You can make your own meatballs with ground beef or ground turkey if you desire. Also gravy is plentiful! YUM!