- 2 lg. eggplant, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 jars of your favorite pasta sauce
- 3 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 - 3/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
My father-in-law says this Slow Cooker Easy Eggplant Parmesan is as good as any he has ever had in any Italian restaurant.
- Spray the slow cooker insert with cooking spray.
- Cover the bottom of the slow cooker with sauce – about 1/2 cup, then a layer of eggplant, sprinkle with breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, more sauce, then mozzarella cheese. Make sure the toppings cover all of the eggplant slices, out to the edges.
- Continue all layers (usually 3-4), finish with sauce and cheese.
- Cover. Cook on Low 8 hours or High 5-6 hours.
Serve over your favorite pasta.
NOTE: Sometimes I slice the larger pieces of eggplant in 1/2 to fit better around the sides of the dish.
Adjust the recipe if using a slow cooker smaller than a 6 qt. slow cooker.