- 3 Slices of Bacon
- 2 Large Yellow Onions, diced
- 1 stalk of Celery, finely diced
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 6 Jumbo Shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
- 14.5 oz. Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 3 c. Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1/2 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Pita bread or chips, for dipping
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Set aside and reserve drippings in skillet.
- Add the diced onion, celery and garlic to the skillet and cook until translucent. (reduce heat to medium if needed – you don’t want to burn the garlic!) Drain on a paper towel.
- Add all ingredients (except pita) to a 3-Quart Slow Cooker.
- Cover. Cook on LOW for 1-2 hours, or until cheese is melted.
Serve with pita bread cut into triangles, or pita chips!