- 3 lbs. pork roast , trimmed of all fat
- 1 lb. pinto beans , washed
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 7 oz. chilies, canned, diced
- 3 T. chili powder
- 1 T. cumin
- 1 T. oregano , preferable mexican
- 1 T. salt
Slow Cooker Chalupa freezes perfectly too!
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and cover with water.
- Cover. Cook on low heat, adding water if needed.
- Remove bones and break up roast after 6 hours of cooking.
- Continue cooking with lid off until thick.
- Serve on tortillas burrito style or tostada shells with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, cheese and onions.