- 6 slices bacon, fried crisp, chopped
- 5 c. red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 bag (16 oz.) frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/4 c. dehydrated minced onion
- 2 cans (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 c. water
- 2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 8 oz. (2 cups) Monterey Jack OR white cheddar cheese, shredded
- Place bacon, potatoes, corn, onions, broth, water, garlic salt, pepper and turmeric in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on High for 8 to 9 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in milk and cheese. Cover and heat until cheese melts, about 2 to 3 minutes. Serve hot.
Note: Garnish each bowl with dried chopped chives, if desired.
Variation: Crock Pot girl likes more bacon in this recipe, so I put in 9-12 strips of crisp bacon! Yum!