- 1 lg. onion, chopped
- 2 med. carrots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 oz. lump crabmeat, shredded
- 10 oz. pkg. of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 T. fresh oregano, minced
- 2 T. fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 1 T. fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 10 oz. pkg. broad lasagna noodles, cooked and cut into thirds
- White Sauce:
- 2 T. margarine, melted
- 2 T. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 c. nonfat milk
- 2 c. lowfat mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 12 oz. carton nonfat cottage cheese
Surprisingly low in fat, everone will love this yummy Crab and Spinach Lasagna.
1. In a medium skillet, saute the onion, carrots and garlic until tender.
2. Add the crabmeat and spinach, and season with the oregano, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper.
3. Transfer the crab mixture to the crock pot.
4. Add the cooked lasagna noodles per instructions cut into thirds, and mix well to combine.
5. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the margarine, flour, salt, milk, 1 c. of mozzarella cheese, and the cottage cheese.
6. Stir and blend for 2 minutes.
7. Pour the white sauce over the lasagna in the stoneware of the crock pot.
8. Cover. Cook on Low 4-6 hours or on High for 2-3 hours.
9. Thirty minutes before the end of cooking, top the lasagna with the remaining mozzarella cheese and turn on High.
Crock Pot Girl